Gifted and Talented Resources
Parent Workshop Links:
Texts for Parents and Educators of the Gifted...
- Being Smart About Gifted Children – Dona J. Matthews, Ph.D. & Joanne Foster, Ed.D.
- Guiding the Gifted Child: A Practical Source for Parents & Teachers – James T. Webb, Ph.D., Elizabeth A. Meckstroth, M.S. & Stephanie Tolan, M.A.
- Gifted Children: Myths & Realities – Ellen Winner
- Coping for Capable Kids: Strategies for Parents, Teachers, & Students – Dr. LeoNora M. Cohen & Dr. Erica Frydenberg
- Raisin’ Brains: Surviving My Smart Family – Karen L. J. Issacson
- A Parent’s Guide to Gifted Children – James T. Webb, Ph.D., et.al.
- Raising Champions: A Parent Handbook for Nurturing Gifted Children – Micheal Saylor
- The Survival Guide for Parents of Gifted Kids: How to Understand, Live With, and Stick Up for Your Gifted Child – Sally Yahnke Walker
- Perfect Pals: How to Juggle Your Way From Perfection to Excellence – Janet M. Bender & Amy R. Murray
- The Overachievers: The Secret Lives of Driven Kids – Alexandra Robbins
- Some of My Best Friends Are Books: Guiding Gifted Readers from Preschool to High School – Judith Wynn Halsted
- On the Social & Emotional Lives of Gifted Children: Issues and Factors in Their Psychological Development – Tracy L. Cross
- How to Parent So Children Will Learn – Sylvia Rimm
- When Gifted Kids Don’t Have All the Answers – Jim Delisle and Judy Galbraith
- When Gifted Students Underachieve: What You Can Do About It – Sylvia Rimm
- Why Bright Kids Get Poor Grades – Sylvia Rimm
- Perfectionism: What’s Bad About Being Good? – Miriam Adderholdt and Jan Goldberg
- Promoting Social and Emotional Learning – Maurice J. Elias, et.al.
- Barefoot Irreverence – Jim Delisle
- The Social and Emotional Development of Gifted Children: What Do We Know? – Maureen Neihard, ed.
- Successful Strategies for Twice-Exceptional Students – Kevin D. Besnoy
- Social & Emotional Teaching Strategies – Stephanie Nugent
- How the Gifted Brain Learns – David A. Sousa
- Helping Gifted Children Soar: A Practical Guide for Parents and Teachers – Carol A. Strip & Gretchen Hirsch
- They Say My Kid’s Gifted, Now What? – Richard Olenchak